Site icon Renzo Mischianti

EByte e32 sendFixedMessage Parameters Issue

Ciao Renzo! I'm trying to do a project where I tell my sender E32 which receiver address it will send the message to. I give the address info via serial monitor. I ask the user to provide the ADDH, ADDL, CHAN bytes. For example I give the ADDH=0 ADDL=0 and CHAN=17 and pass these into sendFixedMessage as parameters. ResponseStatus wakeMes = e32ttl.sendFixedMessage(ADDH,ADDL,CHAN, "Sensor Data"); But when the sender sends to this address, the receiver gives overflows and data get messed up since I can't write the CHAN byte as 0x17. I've tried writing it as, ResponseStatus wakeMes = e32ttl.sendFixedMessage(ADDH,ADDL,Serial.print(23,HEX), "Sensor Data"); but it again gave overflow and data got messed up. Is there any other way that I can store the serial byte input as hex and then pass it into sendFixedMessage function as address parameter? I've tried doing this, byte b =Serial.println(a,HEX); Serial.println(b); but again, it always turned something incorrect. Or is there any other way that I could play with your library to make the sendFixedMessage function to accept the user input byte without writing it as 0xCHAN? Thanks, C.
Exit mobile version