Site icon Renzo Mischianti

EMailSender and SendGrid

To send an e-mail with EMAilSender, you can work with SendGrid. (https://sendgrid.com/en-us) - create an account (free up to 100 mails per day). install an application on the mobile phone for 2-level authentication - create a SMTP Relay API key (full access) copy the key and all your account information. at the beginning of the code, don't forget to enter : --------------------------------------------------- #include <Arduino.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <Ethernet.h> #include <EMailSender.h> #define DEFAULT_EMAIL_NETWORK_TYPE_ARDUINO NETWORK_W5100 //If you're using a schield W5100. byte mac[6] = { 0x** 0x**, 0x**, 0x**, 0x**, 0x** }; // Your Adress Mac IPAddress ip(192, 168, *, ***); // Your Address IP EMailSender emailSend(“apikey”, “your_password_apikey”, “your_mail”, “smtp.sendgrid.net”, 587 ); // apikey signals that we’re going to send a code related to an api module // your_password_apikey is the password given by Sendgrid when requesting an SMTP Relay key. // your_mail is the Sendgrid login address. // You must use 587 as port void setup() { // Open serial communications and wait for port to open: Serial.begin(115200); // while (!Serial) {} delay(2000); Serial.println("Port série ok"); // start the Ethernet connection: pinMode(4, OUTPUT); // config for shield W5100 on MEGA2560 digitalWrite(4, HIGH); // config for shield W5100 on MEGA2560 if (Ethernet.begin(mac) == 0) { Serial.println("Failed to configure Ethernet using DHCP"); while(1); } Serial.print("Addresse IP "); Serial.println(Ethernet.localIP()); EMailSender::EMailMessage message; message.subject = "Test"; message.message = "This indicates a reboot of the arduino"; EMailSender::Response resp = emailSend.send("address@****.***", message); Serial.print("Status: "); Serial.println(resp.desc); void loop() { if(Serial.read() == 'S') { if(sendEmail_1()); // to send the mail } } byte sendEmail_1() { EMailSender::EMailMessage message; message.subject = "Your mail title"; message.message = "Your information message"; EMailSender::Response resp = emailSend.send("address@****.***", message); Serial.print("status: "); Serial.println(resp.desc); } ------------------------------------------------------------------ Just incorporate this sketch into your own and have fun! I had to search a lot of forums to find a simple way to send email alerts from my Arduino system. (I have information coming from my heater, a pump, etc ...). The EMailSender and SendGrid combination is the simplest.
Exit mobile version