Site icon Renzo Mischianti

External Flash SPI Storage on W25Q64 with ESP32

Hi all, I'm Frederic, living in France, close to Bordeaux (yes, the wine!). First of all, all the best for this new year! After a few exchanges with Renzo, i followed his advise, and created this new topic. I'll try to summarise my goal, to not overload this first message: I need to upload .txt files to a W25Q64 flash memory connected via SPI(MOSI, MISO, SCK, CS) protocol to an ESP32-S3.(see picture attached) I use Visual Studio Code as IDE, with the PlatformIO add-on. I've been looking for many ways, and many codes: 1/ Use PlatformIO function 'Build System File" and then "Upload SystemFile". 2/ Copy SD to Flash Memory (from PaulStoffregen library: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/SerialFlash). 3/ Create an FTP server and upload from there. I'm really newbbie, so excuse my poor knowledge, (specially with how library work). I've been able to manage all my projects getting, searching, looking for information, and amending it to my goals, with modification/test/modification/test... But this time, i'm locked. Note: I don't look for an SD card option, or Internal flash option (not SD card: as i want something "light, soldered to my PCB and reliable", not Internal Flash: even with the 16Mb model not enough space). Thanks a lot for reading this, ready to look for your proposals! Frederic.
Exit mobile version