Site icon Renzo Mischianti

Maximum current through esp32 with 30dB module

I'm looking to use a 30dBi lora module connected to an esp32 for a project. Looking at some information on this site, and the specifications I notice the modules draw up to 700mA of current during transmission. Looking at the example wirings, and the pcb for esp32, it looks that this current is drawn through the esp32, is this correct? I was wondering if this was safe, since I always understood the max current through the esp32 pins was lower than this. Another question: for my project I do not actually need to transmit very far (maybe 50m), but there is a building in between the modules. I have already tried this project with a HopeRF 95/96 module (20dB), but it fails to receive in the last 5 or 10 meters. Is it possible a 30dB module will help me, or is there no use in trying? And which module will be best for this, the E22, 32 or 220? I'm guessing the 220? Is the pcb (https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/LoRa_ESP32_DEV_KIT_v1_shield_for_EByte_E32_E22__RF_8km_12km_range.html?from=mischianti12) also compatible with the E220? Thanks!
Exit mobile version